Saturday, July 23, 2011

Rest in Peace, Mom

My mom, Marie Cook, passed away this morning, August 11, around 9 a.m., peacefully in her sleep. She was a fighter to the end, but we got some quality time with her in her final weeks.

As most of you know, I lug my camera around with me everywhere, taking pictures and documenting everything left and right. Below you'll see some shots of mom with her kids, sister and grandkids, proudly beaming in recent years as she attended each of their graduations, weddings, road races, and various other ceremonies.

Thanks to everyone for the support.

Hope we all made you proud, mom.

6 comments:

Anne said...

So sorry for your loss. I know she will be greatly missed. My sympathy to you and your family

love,
Anne

TJ Cooper said...

Great pictures Pat..great memories.Thinking of you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Pat, so sorry for your loss. Always remember the good times!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful lady, and beautiful family.

It is never easy...I hope you are comforted in the memories and love of each other.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Mary-Jo

ML Cassidy said...

I don't know of a mother or grandmother more proud of her family. How incredibly blessed she was to have you - and how blessed you were to have a mother who loved you with all her heart. I'm sure your Dad and Jerry were anxiously waiting to greet her today - what a homecoming! We will hold all of you in our hearts as you say goodbye.
Love,
Marcia, Mike, DJ and Brennan

Tom B said...

Great pictures of a great lady and her family. My mind is streaming all of the cherished memories I have of her from the Sunday turkey dinners she feed me to the Christmas parties at your house where she always made me feel like part of the family. I know all of the wonderful memories you have will always keep her spirit alive for you and your family.