Friday, May 4, 2012

Avengers Assemble - Finally!

To say that I've waited pretty much my entire life for this particular day to arrive - sorta - would not be an understatement.  What day would that be?  Why, not Star Wars Day (May the Fourth be with you.)
Of course, I'm referring to the arrival of the most anticipated comic book movie of my lifetime, and therefore, anyone who's had to put up with my comic book geekdom for decades (I'm looking at YOU, Jackie Cook!) 
Finally, after years of set-up movies, the Avengers hits the big screen today!  It's one of the first comic books I ever remember buying, at the malleable age of four, and the only Silver Age comic book series I have in its entirety.  So the thought of this finally making it to the big screen, in a film featuring most of Marvel's flagship heroes, is a comic book nerd's dream come true.

Andrew, my second generation Avenger fan, took in the midnight show with his Holy Cross buddies, complete, of course, with an authentic Captain America shield.
Yes, Cap and the Marvel heroes and villains have followed us throughout our lives



 Luckily, though, we have thunder gods like Josh to protect us
But beware of Doctor Doom and his fellow villains
So go take in the movie, and check in here later to let me know how much you loved it!

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!

1 comment:

AndrewC said...

Just throwing this out there (no pun intended), the shield is not actually mine. Shoutout to the fellow audience member whose it was.