Sunday, February 10, 2013

Storm Troopers

So, nice quiet weekend.
 
The internet's been flooded with everyone's images from the big storm, which I refuse to call by the made-up-name christened by the Weather Channel.  I've done my part on social media to keep the dialogue moving, so to wrap up a wild and wintry weekend, it's time for a Wicked Good update.
 
I love the winter.  I love snow.  I never complain about us getting whalloped by huge amounts of snow.  The more the better.  Unfortunately, not everyone in my family feels the same way.
After much cajoling, I was able to get Brady to venture outside, sporting, of course, his best Holy Cross swag.
Really, if he could talk, he'd make it abundantly clear, he's not a fan of the deep snow.  So hurry up and clear the walkways, dad.
Here's the view up a snow-covered Dinsmore Street
Let's take a walk around the neighborhood and see what our friendly neighbors are up to, shall we?
Elias rocking the snowblower, always in a good mood
His bride, Victoria, staffing the shovel before she laces up the sneaks (more later)
Kevin's two kids were out back making a snow fort, leaving dad to clear the way
Finally, the roadways clear, it was time for - what else- a nice run around the neighborhood!  Here's Victoria, finishing up her blizzard jaunt
A short while later, it was time for Tommy and I to elicit the comments of "freaking idiots" from our Belvidere neighbors.  No beeping horns, though, because the driving ban was still on.
How quiet was it?  Check out Tommy running straight down Route 133, Andover Street.  Not a car in sight.  Take that, John and Scott!
The roadways were clear, so time to take advantage of running where no man is allowed to run
And finally, the obligatory Middlesex Community College shoutout, complete with the winter gear to brand it!
Sadly, though, not everyone made it out of the weekend unscathed.  While taking Brady in and out of the house, Jackie took a backwards dixie off the front steps, and likely tore some tendons in her foot, leaving her laid up for all of the storm.  Not going to share her rehab picks.  That's a post for another day, but here's praying for a speedy recovery for my favorite snow bunny.

2 comments:

Judy Burke said...

Love those Brady pics! He is such a sweet boy. Running up Andover St. without fear of certain death from speeding cars is really a plus! If I didn't know you and saw you running I would wonder about your mental state but it's better than what I did to pass the time....eat! I'm sorry that my girl took a spill. Please give her my love and lots of ice!!

Tom B said...

Once again your dedication is inspirational. I was surprised to see Andover St. bare. I guess you and Tommy were speeding along so fast you were melting it in your wake. Considering Brady would disappear if he stepped out into the snow I can't blame him for not being a fan. I must say I'm a little envious. A big storm like that is always fun. Hope Jackie is doing well.