Sunday, February 14, 2016

Kiss the Girl

You must remember this
A kiss just a kiss, a sigh is just a sigh
The fundamental things apply
As time goes goes by

Natasha Romanov, the Black Widow, once told Steve Rogers, Captain America, that public displays of affection make people very uncomfortable.
If that's the case, this particular blog is going to make folks flat out squirm in their seats.

Taking the time this Valentine's Day to dedicate a Wicked Good blog post to Jackie, the love of my life, the woman who's been by my side through thick and thin and everything in between since that fateful June 4th in 1991 we first met over a diaper change at a lakeside cabin.

The years in between have flown by, and have been only enhanced by the addition of two incredible children (and a dog) who've made the adventure even more memorable.

But this post goes out to show my stweetie that I'm still Crazy (about her) After All These Years
So let's take a cue from Sebastien,
Do what the music say
You wanna kiss the girl

I Left My Heart in San Francisco, luckily she was there to help me find it

As Bruce Springsteen said in Give the Girl a Kiss
It ain't written in the sky above
No fortune teller told me this
You gotta tell her that you love her
Tell her that you need her
And give the girl a great big kiss
Give the girl a great big kiss
Now if you're such a fool you think
It don't matter, baby, what you say
Maybe you better tell her how you're feelin'
It ain't gonna happen any other way

Our recent trip to DisneyWorld for the Marathon provided us with the backdrop for many a smooch, particularly over in the World Showcase at EPCOT.
If I could make a wish, it'd be to get the chance to do it all over again 
The sun ain't setting on this romance anytime soon 
Aloha wau ia 'oe
No matter what language you say it in, hon, I love you.
Whether it's in Canada
Je t'adore
Or the United Kingdom where London's Calling, but I just called to say I love you 
In France, as in Canada
Je t'adore
In Morocco
Kanbhik 
In Japan, complete with a Heather photobomb
Kimi o ai shiteru
It's always an American Adventure with you by my side 
In Germany during Oktoberfest or any other time
Ich liebe dich
In China, fine or not
Wo ai ni
 
In Norway, where we can't Let It Go
Jeg elsker deg 
In Mexico, with or without nachos (or my iced coffee)
Te amo 
Carbo-loading in Italy
Ti amo 
Putting the Magic into the Magic Kingdom 
Keeping things Grand at the Canyon 
After 13.1 miles, heck after 26.2 miles, the love's still there


I knew that she was mine, so I gave her all the lovin' I had
And one day, she took me home to meet her ma and her dad
Then I asked her to be my bride and always be right by my side
Felt so happy, she almost cried, and then she kissed me.

Happy Valentine's Day, hon!  Here's to many more smooches to come!
In the meantime, here's a virtual one, your very own Wicked Good XOXO!

No comments: