Monday, February 13, 2017

Adele Beckons

So a certain wonder-singer from Tottenham, London took home some top honors at last night's Grammy awards.
Congrats go out to Adele Laurie Blue Adkins for taking home five Grammys, including for album, song, and record of the year.
It was our friend, fellow E Streeter Martin Brewer who first clued many of us into the singer from his homeland, lo, so many, many years ago, before she ever said Hello to the world, and indoctrinated millions into her flock.  Martin used to rave about her and promised us that one day, this gal was going to make it big.  Martin was a prophet, he was.
So as everyone basks in the glory of Adele's triumphs at the Grammys, including her courageous restart for her malfunctioning George Michael tribute - WHAM! - here's a quick look back to a few months ago when I took my favorite Adele fan in all the world to an unforgettable concert by her favorite performer.
(Indulge me in this early love letter to my Valentine, courtesy of Adele and some of her songs that have charted music history.)
Jackie's the one I love saying Hello to every morning.
Let the sky fall
When it crumbles
We will stand tall
Face it all together
With your loving
There ain't nothing
That I can't adore
The way I'm running with you honey
Means we can break every law
No river is too wide or too deep for me to swim to you
Come whatever, I'll be the shelter that won't let the rain come through
Your love, it is my truth
And I will always love you
Love you
You look like a movie
You sound like a song
My God, this reminds me
Of when we were young
Let me photograph you in this light
In case it is the last time
That we might be exactly like we were
Before we realized
We were sad of getting old
It made us restless
It was just like a movie
It was just like a song
Love you, hon - leaving you with another of Adele's songs, though, truth be told, it was written by one of MY faves - a man with similarly dulcet tones to Adele, Bob Dylan.

When the rain is blowing in your face
And the whole world is on your case,
I could offer you a warm embrace
To make you feel my love
When the evening shadows and the stars appear,
And there is no one there to dry your tears,
I could hold you for a million years
To make you feel my love

No comments: