Tuesday, March 19, 2013

And All That Jazz

Still on the Chicago beat, catching up on some backlogged blogging..
Conference workshops behind us, we had a few minutes to step out and catch some of the local sights close to the hotel in Millenium Park.
I looked for Roxie Hart in the theatre district, alas, I was unsuccesful.
Me and my fellow human beans, reflected in the Bean
This mall's interior just screams out for a zombie apocalpyse showdown
Seriously, I just don't get art sometimes. It's all a puzzle to me.
My travelling companions, however, love it.
Had to stop here for two movie reasons: up top reminded me of the scene from Spider-Man 2, when he brought the runaway train to a halt.  Below?  The chase scene from Ghost.  Movie geek, that's me.
The day was complete when we stumbled on a comic book store.  Even in the Windy City....
Later, we stopped by the Presidential Suite at our hotel, the Fairmount Millenium Park, for a gathering with folks from other community colleges from Massachusetts.  What's the big deal about that?  It just happens to be the room where Barack Obama stayed the night before the election.
So naturally, that means a photo op in the Presidential bedroom....
And the desk where Obama worked on some of his campaign day remarks
Team MCC
It wouldn't be a trip to the Windy City without checking out the jazz music, some of the best to be found anywhere in the country.  This night brought us to Andy's Chicago Jazz.
Our MCC Jazz Quintet
And finally, some MCC swag to jazz up the joint

No comments: