Sunday, March 17, 2013

Running is an Art - Chicago Style

Pre-breakfast at the NCMPR conference, I convinced Mary-Jo Griffin and Donna Corbin to join me for a run to start the day.  Full disclosure: I NEVER told them how long it was going to be.
Both of them were good beans to join me.
Here's the Old Bean himself
Running past one of the multiple art museums that dot the Chicago landscape, Mary-Jo and Donna are Mighty Lions
Two Warriors
Hanging with Major Logan
Mary-Jo decided to add an extra loop around the park.  Show-off.
We made her pay for it by taking the stairs full-speed.
The MCC Public Affairs peeps
Great legs in Chicago
I've definitely got the legs for running
We've got a leg up on the folks who decided to sleep in
A couple of dinosaurs
Running is in my bones
Yeah, I found the start of the Chicago Marathon.  Maybe it's time to put that one on my list.....
My aces in the hole
Outside Soldier Field, I was proud to let people know I'm a Patriots fan
Heading back, the skyline (and our hotel) still seems a long way out
Fast fillies
A running Maverick
Damn the torpedoes, this run was a Hall of Famer!
By the time we were done, we logged a 6 mile run in the Windy City!  The most that both Mary-Jo and Donna have ever run!  Give them a big cheer!  Wonder if I can get them to join me for another jaunt the following morning...........

1 comment:

Tom B said...

Congrats on the award! Chicago seems like an awesome city and looks like you found a couple of first timers to the Pat Cook "I thought you said just "FIVE" club. Looks like they were none worse for wear.