Wednesday, July 11, 2012

A Marvel-ous Experience

From Marco Island to Marvel Island.
Mixed among the Florida trip was a day at Universal Studios, which happily included a pitstop in one of my favorite places on the face of the earth, a place where I feel welcomed among my fellow peeps/geeks - Marvel Island.

So bear with me for a trip down Fanboy Lane.

My fellow comic fans from Larry's Comics will understand.

First off, is a bit of false advertising for this store.  Seriously?  The largest comic book collection?  Them's fighting words.
Just entering Marvel Island itself was like a pilgramage to Mecca.  I felt like I'd come home home.
Thankfully, the hysteria is hereditary.  Jack, however, doesn't appear to be sharing Andrew's exuberance.
In fact, here, I'd say she's wondering what the hell she got herself into 20 years ago.
In the center of Marvel Island stands a series of columns adorned with all of the greatest Marvel heroes.  So naturally, I had to pay homage to all of them, starting with the Founding Family, the Fantastic Four.
One of two religious moments with my personal faves, the Avengers.  (Check back later in the week for my other Extreme Geekout.)
The Marvel Universe as a whole?  Check.
The granddaddies of them all, the Invaders?  We salute you.
Secret Wars?  Yeah, the Beyonder was there too.
Andrew pays his respects to the mutant population
Cap asked me to watch his shield while he took care of some business.
He thanked me personally for keeping it safe for him.
See the resemblance?
Gotta give the bad guys their due, too.  Curse, you Spider-Man!
Did somebody say Spider-Man?  Why, yes they did!  And this day, there were three web-spinners in the house.
Our regular, geek-free blog will resume tomorrow, much to Jackie and Heather's relief.

No comments: